Functional Testing for Banking Application
Domain is concerned with particular type of industry. In this blog, we will be discussing about banking sector functional testing services. Some common questions which will be answered over here are as below:
- Which are different sub classes inside banking domain?
- What are challenges in banking software testing?
- What could be test cases for banking app functional testing?
Let us begin with the first point. Banking domain can be subdivided into two parts namely:
- Traditional banking sector: this is the core parts of banking like corporate banking, retail banking etc.
- Service based banking sector: as clear by name, this is concerned with various types of services namely trade finance, private banking, loan system etc.
When we consider service based banking application then there are numerous things that should be available in app. Some common characteristics of banking application:
- Its infra should be good enough to support many concurrent series because app should support all its customers.
- Banking app should integrate with various other applications like trading app, UPI, credit cards etc.
- App should operate fast and money transaction should be safe too.
- Server space of banking application should be high enough to store plenty of data.
- Application should have capability to handle complex business condition.
- Application should work across multiple platforms.
- For users’ convenience, application should support multiple languages as per area of business target.
Which are most common test cases for functional testing of banking app?
- Check if application is open smoothly.
- Check that all links on the page should be working.
- Login is important, try with valid as well as invalid username and password.
- Check whether the process of changing password works in app.
- Proper error message should pop-up when user puts wrong password or username.
- After repeated attempts to login with wrong password, user must be blocked.
- Make sure that user is able to perform basic operations such as Adding beneficiaries etc.
- Try to make transaction to added beneficiary.
- After transaction, make sure that accounts of both sender and receiver should be updated.
- User should be able to put number in decimal while negative numbers should not be allowed.
- In case of transfer with insufficient balance, there should be proper error message shown to users.
- Make sure that sessions should work properly. In case of inactivity, session must expire and no further activity should be allowed.
- Make sure logout is working properly
Along with these 13, there are many other test cases possible for functional testing of any banking application. Check website of Testers HUB for more information about functional testing services.